Sunday, May 4, 2008

Recovery and Revisiting Old Projects

Recovery

I'm regaining my strength after illness and surgery. Recovery is a process that has to be measured in daily increments with a few setbacks along the way. I am making progress though.

Thank goodness I have my crochet. It has gotten me through pain, insomnia and boredom with being bedridden.


I am so grateful to my loved ones for taking care of me.

Revisiting of the Old

During the moments when I am strong and energetic, I've been pulling out old crochet projects and UFOs. I had several UFOs that were completed except I never wove in the ends, blocked, added buttons, etc. Finishing is NOT my favorite part of crochet. Usually I want to keep my hook going and start on something else as soon as I'm done. That's why I try to keep several projects going at one time.

I finally put the finishing touches on my Lily Chin Lace Dress that I made ages ago. I will take a photo as soon as I find a slip to wear underneath.

I found a jacket/coat I made a few years back and when I tried it on, I was surprised at how CUTE it was. It was very simple to make and more of an experiment so I never really looked at it. I'm going to finish weaving in the ends and put on the buttons. I think I can even retro-engineer a pattern from it just from looking at it.

I also finished a mystery project that I was working on. I cannot wait to share that with everyone. It is the sexy hotness IMO.