Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lost in Translation? Maybe Not

Well, I can do a little Samba, but I cannot speak nor read Portuguese. I do know that Penguin is Pingouin, though, and I do know how to read a symbol chart. I am so glad I can because . . .

Blusa Queen is a beautiful pattern from this Brasilian website. I started this last week, and it is going well.

For those of you who might want to give this one a try, I have some observations:

  • Try using a larger hook and if necessary thicker yarn if you need a larger size.

  • Begin with the round motifs, joining them as you go.

  • After you have the strip of connected round motifs, begin the filler mesh, and then do the pineapples.

  • Part 2 begins with 2 dc, ch 1 across the last row of the pineapples. There should be a total of 288 stitches, including turning chain. 36 stitches evenly over each circle motif below.

I'll share more observations later, if I have any.